From:
Chana Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 05:04:41 EDT
Laura wrote:
>Mine is this: Is pine pelleted litter safe?  I know that cedar shavings
>are not(used for bedding) I have trouble finding a constant supply of my
>ferret essentials here in God's Country.  I have to travel 45 min. just
>to get food and today's the day!

I used this stuff, and when it got wet it disintegrated and formed dust
that made my ferrets start sneezing and wheezing.  We're back to newspaper
pellets here.

Why travel 45 minutes?  Log on to theferretstore.com and have them bring it
to your door!  Shipping is free for orders over $20, which is basically one
bag of Totally Ferret plus some other something (like litter!).  I live in
Chicago, with several pet stores within 5-10 minutes from my house, and I
*still* order online.  When you consider that their prices are comparable
(and often less) than the pet store, and that I'm saving 8.5% sales tax, it
works out cheaper and easier.  Plus, I like supporting such a GREAT company
(Joe Palko, I hope you're reading this!).

My ferrets say to tell you that they prefer Cell-Sorb Plus to Yesterday's
News litter, because the pieces are flatter and softer on their little
precious feeties, and also because it flies further when they dig around
in it. <sigh!>

Take care,
Chana