From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 1995 20:01:19 CST
Mish,

My hubby and I just looked at umpteen apartment complexes in Virginia Beach.
I don't know the policy where you are, but only *two* out of 20-some
considered ferrets as pets which needed a pet-deposit, pet rent, etc.  Same
with birds.  Presumably this is because they assume they're caged when you're
not home, which in my case is true.  So, a lot of places that don't allow
pets *do* allow `caged' animals.  Only one place we looked at specifically
disallowed ferrets because of prior damage (all the more reason to keep them
caged during the day folks -- they don't need any help with unfair
reputations!).  Don't know how it is where you are, but we sure found that
nice where we will be.

Laura

Laura L'Heureux Kupkee
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96