Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:45:37 EDT
I was just a week behind on my FML reading, so this is a little behind in
posting, but I have a story about my babies.

Several years ago, when Rascal and Jenna were alive, they and Amber were
out playing.  For the most part, my husband Tim and I never left them out
alone if we weren't here (especially after the "Parakeet Incident" that
happened with Rascal and Amber - you probably don't want to hear that
story).  Well, we live above a restaurant, so we decided we would only be
out about 1/2 an hour, and the apartment was ferret-proofed (and now
parakeet -free) so we left.  Well, earlier that day, I had gone out and
bought a big 50 pound bag of potting soil and put it safely in the living
room closet (safely?  Yeah, right).  So we come back upstairs to find the
3 weasels had somehow gotten in the living room closet, ripped open the
bag of potting soil, and managed to scatter it throughout the entire
living room and even the kitchen.  They were covered black as night.
They had the audacity to continue dooking and jumping and dancing in the
mess of soil with looks on their faces as if to say, "You joining us or
are you just gonna stand there with your jaws on the floor?" Talk about
an all night cleaning project!  The bath water was so disgusting, too!
The funny thing is they had never managed to get in the closet before, or
after ever again.  Don't know how they managed that one time.  Must have
been some ferret conspiracy when they saw that potting soil coming into
the house!

Kelly White Southampton, Massachusetts