From:
David Pasquino/Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 1995 11:43:00 EDT
Howdy all!!

I've read the concerns over broken/chipped teeth and for the most part, the
concensus seems to be, just keep monitoring the tooth and the gums around it.
If the gums get red or the tooth becomes discoloured have your vet check it
out. My Buster has a chipped fang from thinking he's SuperFerret and
leaping off the back of the couch. Geisha, who came to me neglected/abused,
has all her canines broken but is still very happy and healthy. I check her
her mouth periodically to make sure everything is in check.

Toys - hmmmmm . . . so far the infamous dryer tube is a favourite, as well sa
large plastic bags - the ones that crinkle alot when you bounce and dive on
or in them! Gushi has a teddybear from when he was a baby that is his prized
possession and it has to be just where he thinks it should be at that time.
The funniest thing is how he picks it up - no matter how he finds it, j he
has to roll it over so he can pick it up by the throat - poor teddy!!! I've
had to sew the head back on only one time in the almost three years that it's
been around - not too bad I guess! I have a medium sized dog toy called a
Toughie - heavy duty rubber toy to put up with chewing and scratching. The
other popular item is empty film canisters - the plastic things are just the
right size to be picked up and raced off with!

Someone also mentioned cloth chewing. Funny the only one who ever chewed was
Gushi and that was exclusively socks - long since remedied - socks are kept
way out of ferret bounds!! I found out he was doing the dreaded deed when my
roommate at that time decided it was laundry timeand grabbed a pair of his
socks from under the couch that Gushi had stolen - BIG holes!!! He was about
8 weeks old at this time and my first baby - I was just a tad upset but a day
later his litterbox revealed the remnants of my friend's dead sock!

An aside, Michael O. - those boxes  sound very intriguing. What size are they
and what is an ammeter anyway?? You can post me directly if you want and
perhaps I can do something with them and help you with your spring cleaning!
Georgette at -> [log in to unmask]  Thanks!

Does anyone else's ferrets have a fascination for their pet carrier?? Mine
think it's the greatest place to wrestle, nap and eat - despite hating the
vet! Weird!

Well, I think I've babbled enough - hope everyone had a good weekend!
Georgette Peters
Steacie Library - x.55084
Do the ferret frolic of life!