From:
Sherry Unruh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 10:03:35 -0700
To the wonderful people with cute fuzzies,

Just want to update y'all on what's going on in St.  George.  I have good
news to report ( I think).  I called the Best Friends in Kanab and he sent
me to the humane society in St.  George.  Michael called Sandy there and
she in turn called me.  She could not believe what was going on.  She told
me the big reason for his killing of the fuzzies was there was no known
vaccination for them.  So I did my homework through the internet and got
tons of documentation to print and copy and then go visit the wrected man.
I arrived there yesterday afternoon for my visit.  When I went in I headed
straight for the cattery to see what was in there, he said we have no cats
today.  My first response was to say what about ferrets?  but I was kind
(didn't want to make him to mad).  I then went in to his office with all
the documentation and told him all highlighted areas showed him that
ferrets are considered domestic animals in the same category as dogs and
cats and that there is a known vaccination made for ferrets.  The man had
egg on his face he didn't know what to say!  It was great pleasure to stand
there and watch.  I have contacted the lady at the humane society yesterday
to tell her I would be going up there and to document it so we can see how
long I go without a phone call from him with a ferret.  I am also going to
pop in on him at least once a week or two to randomly check on him ( keep
him on his toes).

I want to thank all of you who have been so supportive in this effort, I
can't believe how much response I have gotten from all of you.  It has been
so wonderful it makes me cry.  At least I can wake up in the night and think
at least something is going forward instead of worrying about what to do.  I
will keep all of you posted in the future as to the outcome.  Thank You!
From the bottom of my heart!

Sherry

To the cause
Nippers