From:
"Bryan H. Hall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 1997 10:33:02 -0600
I'm sorry..  I was a little vague on that last letter.  The utilizing of the
old litter in the box is not new to me... but my fuzz-butts simply ignore
it.  IE: When I clean out the box, I ALWAYS leave a poo ot two, along with
some litter in there, spread throughout the box.  My ferrets simply ignore
it.  With great abandon, they move the poo to the far corner of the box, and
roll around and dig, etc..  EVEN WITH THE PEE SOAKED LITTER!

Does any one know of any condition where a ferret (three of em..) don't have
a sense of smell, or one that is severely diminished?  I have left more and
more poos in the box, to the point where it seems like it needs to be
changed again, even after I just did it!

I KNOW that having a dirty litter box is not healthy for ferrets... and that
I most likely have drawn the ire of many out here on the list for allowing
the box to get filthy..  but this is the ferret's choice, not mine.  I TRY
to keep the box clean..  but the ferrets have already ruined 20+ t-shirts, 5
towels, and six sweat-shirts I have bought for them to use for their
bedding.  I simply don't care about all that.  I DO CARE about their health.
I NEED to find a way to get them to tolerate a clean box..  for their health
and for mine (mental health in my case..  for worry over them.)

Oh... that crack about me being a bachelor and not having to be neat?  It
was that..  a joke./ I DO keep my apartmentclean.  I view it as this..  if
you cannot make jokes and laugh at yourself, then what right does one have
to laugh at the funny things every one else does?

Respectfully,

Bryan Hall