From:
Bryan Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 10:36:43 CST
The Illinois Department of Agriculture is giving me the run-around and not
doing much of anything.  I called the ASPCA, and they told me to call the
local SPCA.  Well, according to the phone book and information, there wasn't
one.  However, the operator happend to be a fuzzy lover (We tend to turn up
just when needed, don't we?) and she dug around in the database and got me
the number of Lake County Humane.  I called these people, and they were
simply delightful!

The lady I talked to, Danielle, took down the information including the
phone of the store.  She then requested my number, BUT NOT MY NAME, because
she wanted to protect my anonymity.  I gave it to her anyway, so she could
get a hold of me.  She tried calling the pet store first, but they weren't
answering.  She then called the IDA, and in her own words, "Read it to
them".  She blasted them for giving me the run-around, and told them that if
they didn't want to take care of the situation, then they should disband and
give the local agencies jurisdiction.  Oh, my... did she ever blow them out
of the water with that one!  GO GET EM, DANIELLE!  Net result..  IDA is
going to check on it, and the LCH is going to send their OWN agent in.  I am
also supposed to get a camera and take a picture of the ferret in the filth
to give to the LCH.  Happily!  I will GLADLY do this.

One thing, and for this, I ask you all to keep this fuzzy in your thoughts..
it appears that this store has had MANY MANY complaints about it's animals.
Hopefully, (and this is where I need your thoughts and wishes) this will be
the straw that breaks the pet-store owner's back.  Just maybe... we can shut
him down.

If all goes well, that fuzzie should be in better conditions by the end of
the day.  Danielle is really REALLY going to bake that store!  And... if all
goes VERY well.. I will be able to buy the fuzzy soon.. if Danielle doesn't
buy him first.  You see, she likes ferrets too.  :)

     Respectfully,

     Bryan Hall