From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 11:46:00 EDT
Jim-
After Ginger came out, we put them in their cage for the night (since it
was about 11pm anyways).  Yesterday my dad and I got some "scrap" board
(Dad works at a construction supply warehouse, so we always have it lying
around) and cut it to size, then screwed it to the openings under the
cabinet/sink/counter.  We then screwed some more wood to the wall to cover
up the openings to the fridge, the drier, and the washer.  We also got
more plexiglass and put it on the bottom of all the doors in the house.
Next, we looked under the rest of the cabinets in the bathrooms (weird
that the bathroom cabinets didn't have the openings like the ones in the
kitchen cabinets).  Then we let the furbutts out, watched them to see where
they went.  One place we forgot, the wood burning stove in front of the
fireplace.  So my Dad took care of that too by putting a barrier around it
and securing it with hook and eye latches.  We live in a trailer so there
really isn't andy other places for them to go.  Just my bedroom, bathroom,
my parents' bedroom and bathroom, and the "great room" (kitchen/living
room).  But like I said, we fixed that with plexiglass.  Since I'm thinkin
bout it now, we forgot the stove.  I'll have to get Dad to help me fix that
when he gets home.  I think we got everything, but if anyone thinks of
something I didn't, I'd be glad to hear it.

-Sarah and the Wandering Weasels