From:
LeeAnn Mikula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 23:37:10 -0500
Hello to one and all (yes, you guys, we have to include the humans in this!)
from me, and the five fur machines--Timothy and Thaddeus (the cats), and the
carpet sharks extraordinaire -- Scooter (7years), Skeeter (12 weeks) and,
last but not least, Gizmo (7 weeks).

I've been getting FML for about a month or so and somehow fell behind in my
reading.  Desparately trying to catch up with the help of the furry five and
have almost made it.

First I want to say how much I've enjoyed the many exploits of other
fuzzies.  I read the FD at work on breaks and at lunch.  My co-workers have
declared me certifiable because I'll start laughing at some of the stories.
I try to explain, they just don't understand and shake their heads (none of
them are fortunate enough to be owned by fuzzies like I am).  Likewise, my
heart goes out to each and every one of the sick fuzzies.  I hope it goes
well for all.  I know the humans they own are doing everything possible to
either get them better or make them as comfortable as possible.

Second, I'd like to introduce my guys.  Scooter is my oldest fuzzie at 7.
He's a BEW.  Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with insolinoma about a month
ago.  He's on prednisone at the moment and is getting much better every day.
Not quite back to when he was young, but he certainly is giving it one heck
of a shot.  Skeeter is my 12 week old sable that has so much energy I'd like
to bottle it and sell it to us humans.  I'd make a fortune!  :) Gizmo is the
baby at 7 weeks and is learning all the "right" things from his older
brother and partner in crime.  (Its okay to hide the sneakers, isn't it
mom?) Oh yeah, I better mention the cats, Timothy and Thaddeus (both are 6
yoa and litter mates to boot), since they're giving me the evil eye.  They
sometimes enjoy the fuzzballs, but most times just jump up and out of the
way (14 lbs and 15 lbs, respectively and they're terrorized by the little
ones!!).

Third, I have a question for anyone who can answer.  Skeeter just got the
2nd of the 3 shots tonight and the 3rd is scheduled in another 4 weeks.  The
rabies is also scheduled to be given at the same time.  I thought I read
somewhere that the rabies and distempter shouldn't be given at the same
time, but should have a week in between.  Unfortunately, now I don't
remember where I read this.  Is this true or am I mistaken?  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

I hope I haven't bored any of you with the length of this post, but I do
enjoy "showing" my fuzzies off and who better than those who understand the
pride and love I have for my "kids."

LeeAnn (Okay, guys, those are my feet--you can stop tickling now!)
Timothy & Thaddeus (Geez, Mom!  There's three of them and only two of us!!)
Scooter, Skeeter & Gizmo (We're the adorable ones of the family!  Hey
Giz!--Look!!--Bare Feet!!!)