From:
Kris Kriskius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:23:35 EDT
Jen B <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I am a responsible and upstanding person and Ebay buyer and I purposely
>stopped bidding on the items in question when I knew I had reached my
>financial limit and also decided that the bid was higher than what I was
>willing to pay.  Now however, because the buyer who forced the price up
>so high suddenly had her bids retracted, I am now the highest bidder and
>am forced to pay for items I no longer wish to have - with money I have
>already allocated toward other things!"

~~~~~~~~
Maybe this email will sound harsh, however I was extremely disturbed with
the way Jen B handled this, I believe Jen B has been more than harsh.
In my opinion the way Jen B dealt with this situation was NOT being a
"responsible and upstanding" Ebayer.  What she did was vindictive and
cruel.  Like many have said, when you are bidding on an item, it is YOUR
responsibility to carry that bid through.  That is *too bad* that Ebay
would not allow you to retract your bids, but that doesn't make you any
less responsible to pay for them!  Plus, it is YOUR problem that you
"allocated (your money) toward other things" That has nothing to do with
Minkey98 or Fiveloves., that wasn't their problem!  Of course this is my
opinion, but I am thinking that perhaps Jen B got a little carried away
on her bids, maybe realized she didn't have the cash and was looking for
an *easy* way out.  Or perhaps she was upset that she wasn't winning, and
the price was going up, and she didn't want to pay a higher price, but
wanted the item....who knows, but I just can't think of any other reason
why someone would deal with this situation so recklessly.

In many cases from what I have discovered with selling and bidding on
Ebay, if you ever have a question or concern, contact the seller!
Chances are the seller will be more than happy to answer your questions,
or work out a way to deal with concerns if you have any.  I am 100% sure
that Minkey98 would have addressed your concerns, and they would have
reassured you that there was no *shilling* going on.

I am very confused as to why this wasn't done, and why the horrible,
accusations were made, towards Minkey98 AND Fiveloves... then posted on a
public forum?  Shouldn't this have been done in private?  This very well
could have ruined Minkey98's reputation along with an innocent person
that was bidding (Fiveloves).

As far as my impression of Minkey98, I have won a few of their figurines.
And the ones I am really interested in, I will bid *often*, that is what
Ebay auctions are all about!  Not to mention I know my limit, and what I
can and can't afford.

These figurines are definitely a collectors item, and the work that goes
into them is incredible.  I am sure they put a lot of love and time into
what they make, it shows.  They are excellent Ebayers, and they have
outstanding business practices.

I feel very sorry for the Minkey98, and Fiveloves.  I hope Fiveloves
will be able to get things straightened out with her Ebay account.
Minkey98, as far as I am concerned, you ARE outstanding and responsible
Ebayers, I hope your reputation hasn't been affected by all of this.
It hasn't affected me...I will continue to bid on your figurines, and I
look forward to seeing the creativity that goes into each and every one.

Jen B, you should be ashamed of yourself by the way that you dealt with
this matter, and as far as I am concerned, there is no excuse for what
you did and how you chose to handle it.

Kris and the Fur Kids >^..^