From:
Lisa M Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:50:12 -0500
Hi all, please be sure to hug your fuzzies a little closer for me.
Thursday I had to help my Rosco to the bridge.  He was diagnosed with
adrenal disease three years ago, heart disease and prostate disease two
years ago and 14 months ago was diagnosed with insulinoma.  After his
seizure last August I was told he would be lucky to survive a few months.
Much to all of our surprise, my "miracle ferret" survived 14 months.
(It's truly amazing what love can do).  But, Thursday afternoon, after a
long talk with Rosco, we both decided that it was time for him to go be
with his brother's.  He wasn't eating and even fought the duck soup and
Wednesday night had another seizure (the first one in 14 months).  My vet
and I both cried when I brought him in and told her our decision.  But,
he told her the same thing that he told me.  He was tired.  The meds were
terrible and though he loved us all, he needed to rest.

Rosco was my first rescue.  I got him after my beloved Ozzie passed away.
And I know that Ozzie sent him to me.  How do I know?  Well, Rosco was
found abandoned and near starved to death in the middle of winter.  He
was found the same day that my Ozzie went to the bridge.  The moment that
I saw Rosco I knew that he was meant for me.  I picked him up, he washed
my face and then curled up in my lap to sleep.  The day I brought him
home he immediately took over all of Ozzie's favorite spots.  He had the
same good and bad habits.  He had the same markings and (as time told)
the same diseases.  Everything about him was Ozzie reincarnated.  I had
promised Oz that I would adopt all of my future ferrets.  I wanted to
take the love that he had recieved and provide it to a ferret who's life
hadn't been so lucky.  Ozzie knew I would be looking in a shelter and
sent my next angel there.

Sandee, please make sure Rosco got to the bridge okay.  His brother
Casper should have been waiting for him and even though he and Ozzie
never met in this world, I'm sure that they already know eachother.
Rosco loved every type of treat, so be sure he finds all the snack bars.
Also, be sure that he has a new bed where he can get cuddled in as far
as possible.  He loved to be wrapped up inside someplace warm and dark.
Ozzie will be able to introduce Rosco to Peanut (the "ferret" dog) and
his friend Ali (who was my first ferret).  Otherwise, let Rosco know that
his ferret brother's, Stoney and Toby, and Meeko the dog all miss him and
send their love.  And let all of my furry family know that Mommy and
Daddy love and miss them all.  They are in our hearts forever and not a
day goes by that we don't miss them all.

For the humans our there, when I brought Rosco home the shelter mom sent
him with a poem.  I thought I would let you all read it.  Maybe this will
make you all consider looking to our shelters for your next fuzzy angel.

THE MEANING OF RESCUE

Now that I'm home, bathed, settled and fed,
All nicely tucked in my warm new bed.
I'd like to open my baggage lest I forget,
There is so much to carry - So much to regret.
Hmm... Yes there it is, right on top
Let's unpack Loneliness, Heartache and Loss,
And there by my leash hides Fear and Shame.
As I look on these things I tried so hard to leave-
I still have to unpack my baggage called Pain.
I loved them, the others, the ones who left me,
But I wasn't good enough - for they didn't want me.
Will you add to my baggage?  Will you help me unpack?
Or will you just look at my things - And take me right back?
Do you have the time to help me unpack?
To put away my baggage?  To never repack?
I pray that you do - I'm so tired you see.
But I do come with baggage - Will you still want me?

Rosco, I hope that you know how you touched my heart.  You were home here
and never had to repack again.  I miss you, Ros.

With holes, in not just our hearts, but also in our souls.
Lisa and Chris (Mom and Dad)
Stoney, Toby and Meeko