From:
David Caudill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 13:45:27 -0400
My little Kitt girl crossed the Rainbow Bridge sometime Sunday afternoon.
I am on vacation in New York, so I could not be with her in those final
moments.  I am sorry Kitt.  I love you and will miss you with all my heart.

Kitt was a rescue.  She and her mate, Big Boy, were abandoned and held by a
neighbor who did not want them.  They were unfixed and left outside in the
cold of winter.  They had no food or water when I got them.  Kitt was
always a skinny girl.  Ever independent.  The fussy one who had to be
descented because she 'poofed' 10+ times a day.  She was the boss.  In her
final days, prior to me leaving, she cuddled with me a little.  I think we
both knew that the end was near.  I had a feeling she would not survive
much longer.

I had her for over 4 years.  I don't know how old she was when I got her,
probably about 2, maybe 3.  I made sure she had plenty to eat & drink,
treats on occasion and love always, even though she was not a cuddler.

I miss you Kitt.  You were my baby girl.  In memory of you, I am sending my
poem out again, with a renewed feeling of loss.  Wait for me Kitt.  At the
Rainbow Bridge we will meet again.  To romp and play.

Kitt is survived by her partner always, Big Boy, her friends Taz, Digger
and Thunder, and by her rival for 'Alpha Ferret', Bandit.

TO A FUZZIE, GONE
In memory of Racy, Buddy, and all other Fuzzies who have crossed the
Rainbow Bridge.

I thought you would live forever,
It was foolish of me, I know.
I just wasn't ready yet.
To have to let you go.

I wanted God to give to you,
One last chance to play.
I needed one more fuzzie kiss,
And one more sunny day.

Just one more trip out to the park,
And one more ferret game.
Just one more time to hold you near,
And softly sing your name.

When you were young and scared at night,
I knew just what to do.
I put a night-light by your bed,
And lay down next to you

I learned all I could and gave to you,
The best of ferret care.
I bought you toys and played with you,
I just always figured you'd be there.

But now you're gone, my little one.
The Rainbow Bridge to meet.
Oh how I miss your dooking sounds
And the dancing of your feet.

But before you leave, I ask of you,
Please bring close your angel light.
Stay with me until the dawn,
For this time it is I, who fear the night.

             Copyright David Caudill  1995, 1999

David Caudill <[log in to unmask]>
ICQ# 35673063  AIM Name: Peleahn
Seekers of Truth and Honor (Diablo): Kalzadhan~skr~ (Training Squad)
http://home.earthlink.net/~ferretlover/index.html
Member: Pam Greene's Ferret Help Team
Rec.Pets.Ferrets Moderator
Owner of 6 wonderful ferrets!
NOTE: I am NOT a vet. Any and all ferret advice is
just that, *advice*. I recommend you consult with
your vet on any areas of concern.
   Medical Terms: Benign................What you be after you be eight.