From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:14:54 PST
Hi everyone!
Thank you so much for the numerous responses to info on the TN panel and
treats!

Thanks to your info, i am armed and ready for the vet's garbldeygook
talk he occcasionally spews out!

As for treats...there were so many great ideas...but you all haven't met
my Keera!  i knew i shouldn't have spoiled her when she was little.  I am
going to try the Sheppard and Greene treats and some Pounce cat treats.  Is
one preferred over the other?  I guess i'll have to reseach the ingredients
a bit--

But, as I already knew, keera doesn't like peanut butter, raisins, grapes,
bananas, cucumbers, chocolate(yeah!), pasta, fruits... she prefers soy
milk, Timmy's Recipe (thanks a bunch gary...she is OBSESSED!!), grape
JUICE, my soda (if she can get it), Arizona Iced tea (in a can please...or
in a bottle cap, but only if it is held for her!), BROCCOLI and BRUSSEL
SPROUTS!!!

why couldn't she make something easy???

so...tricks are limited with her.  she begs like the best of 'em...but only
for liquids!  what a brat!

but--to those with the roll over tips--they may actually work on hagas!
hagas is jsut a fool.  he begs on his hind legs, that doesn't work so he
slumps onto his bottom (sitting postition) that he slowly falls out of and
onto his side...he lays there looking at me like "well???  where is my
raisin?" i show him...and he rolls his fat towards it... not really a
trick...but it keeps me laughing!

Fezzik turns aroudn when all else fails and he is desperate for that raisin
(smallest pieces i can keep him diarrhea free and coming back for more!)

As for ants: a trick that worked for me: Cinnamon!  They don't like it
(kind of the way they don't like peppermint) a little messy but i just
dusted the area the pushed into the crack of the door where they were
coming from....ants would cross it.  i put trap outside the door (on my
front steps) and they went inthere... haven't seen an ant since last march!
(knock on wood!)

A few months ago someone in the boston area said they had a ferret and
wanted to know if anyone wanted to meet up with theirs...

i lost the post and never responded...but if you are still around-- I visit
boston often and will be going to visit my sis (freshman BU) soon...i
usually bring my guys with me and i am sure they would love some playmates.
So far they have travelled Newberry St, the Boston Commons, walked in front
of "cheers", seen the Head of the Charles Regatta and hung with some Boston
University Crew girls at their boathouse....oh yeah...we hit the touristy
quincy market and dooked throught he freedom trail!!

last question::
for those of you that use linatone/ferretone with your furries...what kind
do you use?  i have always used eight-n-one ferretone...but i don't like
the rest of their products so i am not too sure why i ue it... what kind
should i be using?  i heard that cat/dog linatone was too strong for them..

any input would be great b/c i would like to buy a new bottle this
weekend--

adieu all,
meagan and the monsters in NY