From:
Tina Tortorelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 15:57:46 EST
For the person inquiring about pelleted litter, the brand we use here at our
biotech company is called Cellu-Dri which is recycled newspaper compacted
into pellets.  It is very absorbable, less dusty, creates less odor both
from urine and from poop (I use it with my ferret at home too).  I only
change the litter once a week, and the neat thing about this kind of litter
is that it's flushable because it's recyclable.  So it's better than regular
litter if you are environmentally conscious.  The supplier we get it from is
in Framingham, MA right in the center of town (Farmer's Exchange) and their
number is (508) 872- 3508.  The cost is $8.49/35 lb bag, and one bag has
lasted me 2 months already and is almost gone.  Also, they carry Mazouri
Ferret Food (special order, order in advance) for $23.99 a bag (must be a
big bag, probably 25 lb), and they carry high density ferret chow, a generic
brand used for ferrets in reseacrh (which I don't think there's any
difference in nutrient needs vs.  pet ferrets) that is a 25 lb bag for
$31.29.  Hope it helps you...

About trashing Carolyn Kinsey: I sit here and just take in what people have
to say and accept their opinions and views.  I don't always agree, but I
don't go lashing out because I don't agree.  She's trying to help, she's
letting you know what she thinks and what she does, as someone a little more
skilled than the average ferret owner.  I think her advice shouldn't be
taken as law, but as advice only.  Your own vet will give you the
reassurance and expertise you need.  Let's please, PLEASE, try to be civil
and respectful of other people's opinions, views, and advice.  If you don't
agree, then you don't agree.  I don't think anyone is FML-brainwashed into
taking every post as law; we are more intelligent than that.

-Tina and Neely ("what's this, window screening?")