From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 22:29:01 -0500
Hello ALL,
Just in time for the holiday season-- and the Open house event-- I would
like to introduce you to the newest Ferret Wise staff member, Jolly
"Jeremiah".  Jeremiah is a lt.  chocolate panda -- profoundly deaf -- who
was mishandled in a pet store .  He is a fear biter.  We have assumed his
care here at Ferret Wise from another great shelter, who made great
progress in the past months.

Jeremiah, we are sure, will be a wonderful asset to our classroom
visitation program once he graduates from our retraining school.  He IS and
will be a permanent resident.  The classroom ferret education program has
suffered some grave losses with the passing of our teaching ferrets this
past year Troubles, Rommel, and the illness of McKenzie.  With the help of
Jeremiah and hopefully Bear we will again have a team of child friendly
ferrets to start the program again next Fall.

Jeremiah is already trained to several signs -- and we will continue to
work with him in this mode of communication.  If you are going to join us
at open house you can meet him and the other adoptable kids -- though we
won't allow you to handle him.  Casper, Eddie, Holly, Ivy, Angel, Bear and
all the others are waiting to greet you too!

I am sure Bear will have a great deal to discuss about the junior executive
in his next newsletter column!  Watch for the new face on our shelter page!

Alicia
for the many ( ever changing) faces at
Ferret Wise
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html