From:
Echo McCollum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 00:26:00 -0500
Hey everyone- I just signed up for this and am checking it out.  I
recently got a female ferret [whose name is Mocha] and was wanting to
check up on a few things.

First, I read somewhere that human colds and ferret colds are
interchangeable- is this true?  If I have a cold, should I not handle
the ferret too much?

Also, Mocha lives outside in a huge cage in a shaded area, and in her
cage I've put a temporary box with a little hole in it and bedding inside
to sleep in.  However, the rainy season has started [which means it gets
as cold as 30 Farenheit at night].  I've put a tarp over her cage, so
there is no worries about it getting wet, but how cold is too cold?  I've
read that they can withstand freezing, but there's quite a difference
between withstand and being comfortable at.  If she isn't comfortable
at lows in the 30s, what could I do to make sure she stays warm that I
haven't already?

Thanks in advance!

xoxo
Echo