From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:02:14 -0400
>Ferrets are not cats.  Cats are not ferrets.

This is very true.  However, if you look at the ingredient list and
guarenteed analysis of high quality kitten foods, and compare them with
ferret foods, they are strikingly similar.

Can anyone tell me specifically what ingredient is present or missing in
a high quality kitten food that makes it unacceptable for ferrets?

And remember, ferret foods vary in quality almost as much as cat/kitten
foods.  There are many ferret foods on the market that seem to me to be
far less adequate than many high quality kitten/cat foods.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH