From:
"Brittany A. Frompovich" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 18:55:38 -0500
Hello everyone,

I wish I were writing about a happier topic, but I really would appreciate
advice and help right now.

Sage is a 1.5 year old albino male.  We visited my parents over break and
my mother came down with a very severe flu the last day of our visit.  We
were visiting for about a week.  My mother was vomiting and generally
feeling poor.

One day after our visit, Sage is showing the same symptoms, he vomited
during a 12 hour period, like my mother did.  During that time, I stayed up
with him and made sure he was drinking lots of fluids.  Today the vomiting
has ended and his fluid intake has increased dramatically.  However he will
not eat yet.  I added Vitasol to his water to make sure he was getting some
vitamins.

Like my mother was, he is now in a lethargic period.  He is sleeping a lot.
When he wakes up for fluids, I have noticed that his energy level and
curiosity is increasing.  He has been (and still is) sleeping on top of a
pile of bathroom towels with a heating pad on the bottom of the pile set on
low.  The vomiting ended about 12 hours ago.  His stool is runny and it is
a dark green/brown color.

Any advice is appreciated.  You can contact me at my address or put a
message on the list for me.

Brittany and Sage