From:
jeffrey hopko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:53:48 -0800
My Clyde experienced diarrhoea last month and has since recovered from
that problem but has stopped eating his normal dry diet.  He has been
fed BC's Chicken Soup since, and has done well and likes this diet.  My
Q?'s then are:

How much BC Soup to feed daily to an approx.  700 gram 4YO MF ferret?  I
have tried to give 10% body weight in food per day: 70-80%BC + 30-20%
Fluid (water + electrolyte for palatability).  Clyde will warm up to
feeding by syringe, then eat an unknown amount (< 1 baby food jar cap)
on his own before stopping.  He will then lovingly eat 2-3 3cc syringe
deliveries b4 ending it.  I do this 4x a day giving approx. 60-70cc
total intake.

What is the room temperature 'shelf life' of BC's Soup?  How long can I
safely leave it out in the cage before it becomes a bacterial hazard to
an already compromised critter?

I ask these questions in the interest of getting My Clyde to eat safely
on his own once again.  Thank You All.  [log in to unmask]

Hug The Fuzzies Today, Twice.