From:
Leslie Kauffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:12:24 -0500
Okay...

Now, I rarely post unless it's to ask a question or if I have some advice
to offer.  But this whole Modern Ferret thing has got me steamed!

(Just for the record, I have not seen the latest issue But I am NOT
easily offended either.)

I am constantly AMAZED that people who are offended by something (and let's
face it people, no matter what you do or say...it's going to offend
SOMEONE) and feel that they have to make a big stink about it in order to
ALERT THE WORLD that someone did something that was OFFENSIVE...
oooh...aaah.... All the fuss YOU are raising may have kept a couple of
people from buying the issue, but THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!  You've probably
caused TWICE as many, if not more people to buy it, who might normally
wouldn't have...just to see what all the fuss is about.

It's The last temptation of Christ, Marilyn Manson, trap all over again.
But you people will never learn.  And by all means, feel free (as I'm SURE
you will...to flame away...I can take the pressure that some of you
OBVIOUSLY can't.  LIGHTEN UP or move to a desolate cabin in the mountains.

*taking deep breath while stepping off soapbox*

Leslie