From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:48:35 -0900
I picked up Perrin's ashes from my vet the other day.  When my vet handed
me the bag, he also gave me a red 4" clay disk with Perrin's paw prints,
name & a small heart molded into it.  It is absolutely beautiful!!!!  and
so thoughtful.  He & his wife make them themselves.  I was so touched.
(I want one for all my former pets that have passed, but it's a little
late...) The more I read about vets, the happier I become with mine.

Wheelie is recovering well from surgery.  Eating extremely well.  My vet
called me the next morning wanting to know if she had eaten.  She wouldn't
eat at the vet's, wanted her Totally Ferret/Iams mixture!  Next time,
I'll be taking in food for the kiddos when they go for a stay at the
vets.  Funny she's become so picky since she came to me eating generic
brand cat food or dog food, whichever they had at the time.

Poor Buddy, no longer has Perrin to romp with.  He has decided that
Wheelie is fun to play with, but has been very gentle with her the past
two days, mostly just running with her & following her.  Well today was a
whole new story!!  He has energy to burn and he has just been a crazy
little boy today.  Non-stop for hours!  and no signs of slowing down.  I
had to rescue Wheelie because he kept pouncing on her - wanting her to
fight back.  He's been so good, he'd jump on her, then take the passive
role, wanting to engage her, but no luck.  So he's trying to entertain
himself today.  We've been playing chase - he always wins.  Perrin's death
has really hit me hard.  It's been hard to stay up on the ferret stuff and
I haven't felt like playing with them much.  I feel so guilty, but realize
that I just need some time to heal.

Holly