From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 01:20:17 EST
I'd like to ask we end the discussion about Bob C. leaving the FML.  I
know most of us have strong opinions on the matter and most of us miss
him; tt's tempting to post our thoughts about this.  And posts expressing
appreciation of me are flattering, of course, and I thank you all for your
support.

But in short, I'm not sure the posts aren't doing more harm than good.
No need to get into details here, but sometimes attention is what drives
people to continue doing strange things.  I submit that encouraging the
alleged perpetrator to continue this alleged harassment is not the result
the FML collective would prefer to achieve.

Even if I'm way off base here and all of this is the result of someone's
overactive imagination -- even mine -- it's shifting focus away from the
ferrets we love.  Please let's concentrate on the postive -- just like
ferrets always are able to do.

Many thanks,
Bill