Date:
Sat, 23 May 2009 01:02:40 -0700
It is with both a glad and sad heart that I bring news that Elliot
crossed the bridge on Friday May 15th. I'm glad that he no longer
suffers the ravages of lymphoma, but sad that his cheery face is no
longer with us.

Elliot came to our household after a call about a ferret found in a
backyard. He was a bit shy at first, but slowly learned to play with
us. His favorite game was hiding under the dresser, then chasing us as
we "innocently" walked by. One only had to listen to the outrageous
dooking to know he was hot on your trail.

Elliot had 2 latex toys, a frog and mouse, that had to be moved around
the house daily. Should someone touch his toys, they had to be moved
again in a "safe" place.

Elliot was such a gentlemen. I swear he held off becoming ill until
the passing of his brother, Buddy, right before Christmas. Soon after
Elliot began to show signs of slowing down. His body was being attacked
by insulinoma, adrenal tumor, and lymphoma. Luckily after surgery in
February, we no longer had issues with his insulinoma, and his body
had one less battle to fight.

Lymphoma finally paralyzed Elliot. It was also affecting his heart and
lungs, and I could tell that the light was gone from his eyes. I had
always promised him that when he told me he was done with the battle,
I would help him cross. And so we made the trip the vet to end his
suffering. The vet told me that if it helped me accept that I had done
the right thing, that I should know that Elliot's blood pressure was
very low when I brought him in.

I hope that Elliot is now dancing and dooking away across the bridge,
and is getting plenty of ferretone. Beware those ferrets across the
bridge who walk past his hiding place, as he will be dashing out after
you, giving away his attacking with his dooking laughter.

Missing our Elliot boy,

Chris and the fur sisters, Maya, Emma, and Tasha