From:
Tracy McAlpine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:04:27 -0600
I am going on vacation for a week and leaving my four ferrets with a
responsible friend. She previously owned a ferret and used to be a vet
tech. I am taking my four along with all their supplies and a playpen
with a bottom to her house. One of the ferrets needs heart meds daily
and another needs milk thistle daily. Can anyone advise a reasonable
rate that I should pay her? She insists that it is going to be fun and
doesn't want to take our money. I am going to pay her because she is
in for a lot of work and responsibility taking care of my babies for a
week although it will be fun work, and I really appreciate her watching
the kids. I haven't ever left my ferrets with anyone.

I was thinking $200, but do not know if that is at all reasonable.
She is a single mother and cash will certainly help her out. You are
welcome to respond to me personally.

Thank you,
Tracy