From:
Lori Malizia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:24:40 EST
* The following information was sent to members of the NYC Ferrets email
  list last week, and Gary Kaskel may have done his own mailing as well.

1) THE PUBLIC HEARING DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED -NO NEW DATE HAS BEEN SET YET

The date for the Public Hearing for New York City's Ferret Regulation Bill:
Intro 627, has been changed.  It is NO LONGER scheduled for December 7th.
We've been told it would be re-scheduled for December and were hoping to
give you news of the new date but at this time, no new date has been set.
If a new Hearing date is not set soon we may need to do a phone-in campaign
to make sure the City Council offices re-schedule our bill ASAP.

Please make sure that anyone you've spoken to about the Public Hearing is
aware of this change and check http://members.aol.com/NYCFerrets or join
the NYC Ferrets email list to keep up to date with the latest news on this
Hearing.  We will let you know the new date for the Hearing as soon as we
have that information.

_____________________________________
2) BUY MODERN FERRET MAGAZINE! :)

Although we were able to stop most mailings before they got to the
post office, Mary and Eric Shefferman from Modern Ferret Magazine
( http://www.moderferret.com ), working through the night at lightning
speed, managed to get a mailing about the Public Hearing out to their NY
customers before we knew about the date change.

The two of them printed, folded, stuffed and mailed hundreds of Hearing
announcements *on their own*, while in the midst of producing a new issue
of the magazine and creating video for their latest endeavor "FerretTV"
( http://www.ferretTV.com )

If you don't have a subscription to Modern Ferret Magazine, think about
treating yourself to one for the holidays.  If you already have a
subscription -treat someone else to one!  This is the only ferret magazine
for ferret owners that is actually produced BY ferret owners.  Mary and
Eric produce this quality magazine on their own.  There is no additional
"staff" -unless you count the ferrets!

http://www.modernferret.com

_____________________________________
3) SHOP AT "THE FERRET COMPANY" & "THE FERRET STORE"

Both The Ferret Company ( http://www.ferretcompany.com ) and The Ferret
Store ( http://www.theferretstore.com ) generously offered to help us
get the word out to their customers about the upcoming Public Hearing.
Although those mailings are currently on hold, we still wanted you to know
so that you could thank them and support their businesses throughout the
upcoming holiday season.  These are companies that not only sell ferret
related products, but actually care about their customers and their
ferrets as well.

http://www.theferretstore.com
http://www.ferretcompany.com

-NYC Ferrets