From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:28:12 -0400
At 3:46 PM -0400 8/14/01, Path Valley Farm wrote:
>Fox Morton, the one who writes for Barron's Educational series, is still
>one of the owners of Path Valley Farm.  That has never changed.  Other
>issues concerning farm management are considered proprietary information.

Will not be able to clarify what occurred when the food disaster happened
(if ferrets were added, or if the remainders are bred from the ones which
survived, or where new stock came from if it was added, etc.) because this
is all they would say.  For all I know, that degree of silence may be
part of why the "common knowledge" began in the first place.  Heck, folks
complain about this closed-mouth attitude in relation to other farms and
about the confusion and misunderstandings that arise as a result of such
policies.  They are right, too.  Seems like most people would like each and
every one of the farms (and some smaller breeders) to be more forth-coming.
If people are frank then usually no one even tries filling in the blanks,
which is very likely what happened back then.  Still, it's their business,
and there may be reasons they can't speak that relate to the suit they had
against the maker they used which gag them whether they want that or not,
so ultimately what actually happened years ago sounds like it will remain
mostly unknown.  The upshot is that you should not be on the look-out for
further info about what happened back then because it probably will remain
unknown.

They didn't give permission to send the entire letters so am just including
this very short quote since it says much and does so clearly.