From:
Beth Comarow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:55:07 -0500
Is anyone possibly driving down from the southern NH area (maybe even Boston)
to the Maryland/Virginia/DC area any time soon?

We're finally going to do a little ferret math and there's a little 4 1/2
year old ferret girl with Dick who needs a gentle, caring ride down here.
He's in southern NH between Manchester and Nashua.

Gabby is 4 1/2 years old and is gentle but likes playing with other ferrets
(YEAAAA!!!!!!!) Hush, Pads.  She had only known one home her entire life,
but her owners dumped her (like an old shoe were Dick's words) at his
shelter.  They were moving and could only take two pets with them, and
decided their cat and dove would mourn more than Gabby.  Dick said she shook
like a leaf when they left her in his arms.

We thought a friend would be driving down here in November, and then in
December for the AFA show, but it turns out he's flying.  He may come down
after the holidays, but I hate to have her so settled in before she is moved
yet again.  (She's at a foster home right now; both the shelter and foster
home are just packed.)

Could you let us know if you are?  Dick is Dick Bossart, of course
([log in to unmask]).  I'm just me.

Beth + Miska (she can't have my hammock) + Pads (YEAAAA!!!  but my TREATS
are MINE!!) + David (we're doing what?  oh.  Why am I always listed after
the ferrets?)

[Moderator's note: Might have a ride from Boston to New York City, so if
anyone is going from NY to DC, that's a possibility too.  BIG]