From:
Avatar Comics <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:05:57 -0600
Hello FML-ers,

My ferret Elvis is having some health problems that may be related to
ADV, so I have ordered the ADV QuickChek tests for all my ferrets.  The
way I understand it, this is a test for ADV antibodies, not the virus
itself.  If one of my ferrets tests positive is there another test I can
do that determines whether my ferret has ADV?  Everything I have read
indicates that a positive QuickChek test means the ferret has ADV, but
doesn't the presence of antibodies indicate that the ferret was only
exposed to the virus?  I know with other antibody tests, like feline FIP,
there is an additional test that can determine the presence of the actual
virus.  Is there such a test for ADV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dooks,

Serena and the Wrecking Crew:
Conan the Destroyer "Who, me?"
Elvis the Bear "Can I help? Can I, huh?"
Little Miss Crockett "Give me a raisin and nobody gets hurt."
Mathayus the Scorpion King "It's PLAYTIME!"