From:
Deanna Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 19:51:24 -0400
Hi all.....

First, the show and tell was terrific!  I'm afraid my little devils stole
the whole show.  The gerbil was up and we were waiting for our turn when the
ferts couldn't take the anticipation any more!  They figured out how to
unzip a zippered zipper ;-) It was too funny and the children were
hysterical with laughter.  There I was trying to push back 2 little heads so
that I could zipper it just when I thought I had them one would break
through my fingers and "pop" back out.  The kids could barely contain
themselves and could not wait to see them.  The teacher even had to remind
them that it was the gerbils turn....but even TJ (the owner of the gerbil)
lost interest and only wanted to see the ferts.  Everyone was allotted 15
minutes and we were the last of the day to be shown, we started at 1
o=92clock and didn=92t leave until 2:15 when the bell rang!  I ended up
bringing both ferrets with me because I was bombing the house in hopes of
ridding the place of our unwanted guests.  My daughter sat in the chair of
honor at the front of the class with the little guys on their leashes.  She
answered questions (what do they eat, do they bite etc.) she also added a
few things of her own (they steal things hehe) about them.  She really was
great and very knowledgeable in answering the kids questions (she must be
paying more attention than I thought she was), yes they bite sometimes and
no they don't eat people food.  They are too special for people food and
have to have a better food made just for ferrets (isn't she the sweetest?)
While she was sitting there Stinky knocked over the trash bucket and Pepper
stole a piece of chalk all the while they were tying themselves up around
the legs of the chair!  The little devils put on a heck of a show for the
kids.  I made the kids sort of a pamphlet thing, one page was to color and
the other was some interesting facts about ferrets that the children could
understand and the last was supplied to me by Lee of MFF.  It was a MINI-FAQ
for the kids to bring home to their parents.  I know as a parent of a young
child how confusing their stories about their day can become.  Hopefully the
FAQ cleared some things up for them.

I broke my own rule and let all the children that wanted to hold the
ferrets.  I probably shouldn't have but they were enjoying the ferrets so
much I couldn't say no to them.  Thankfully Pepper was a perfect gentleman
when he wasn't stealing things.

Deanna, Pepper, Stinky and one great child that still thinks her mom is a
hero ;-)