From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:18:11 -0500
The priest thing: are they even sure it was a member of Carnivora?  I've
read of cases in which people were bitten while sleeping by animals which
let themselves in and for the most part (by a wide margin) the biters were
wild rats.  In fact, for lepers they are a large threat since large
expanses of tissue can be removed without the victims feeling it.  We ALL
have run into people who think ferrets and rats are one and the same...