From:
FLOWER GARDEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:32:07 EDT
I am new to this, and find it a little confusing so please bear with me.

I would like to comment on the Adrenal Gland issue regarding age &
symptoms.  One of my males just had this surgery.  He is only a little
over 2 years old.  He did not have the classic hair loss.  I would never
had known anything was wrong except he was having trouble urinating.  His
prostate was enlarged which blocked his urethra, which made him prime
candidate for a major infection.  Someone (don't remember who now) stated
that their vet said to wait as prostate/urinary problems rarely cause
problems in male ferrets.  Wrong!!  I would not wait at all if it was
possible.  Why let him get to that point, (and if it is question of cost,
wait till he is at the vets all day because he could not pass urine & had
to get knocked out so they could put a catheter in!) Get the surgery
before these problems set in if possible.  He went through three rounds of
antibiotics and seems to be doing real good.  And through the whole ordeal
he always remained his sweet, lovable self!

Amy & the 4 Fuzzies  (Jasper (mr. adrenal) Simon, Lily & Tino)