From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:13:50 -0400
>From:    Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Two Pole and Breeders bashing other breeders
>Ok, I have to ask why a negative post about Charlie Herring would have
>made it to the list.

Same reason negative posts about marshall Farm have been allowed.

>My recommendation is that breeders (present and former) should not be
>bashing each other on the FML or any other list.  You never know when you
>might become the victim of such and therefore have your reputation damaged.

Should that apply to Marshall Farms, Triple F and the Hagen sponsored
ranches?

>I would now like to know what Charlie has done that is so bad.  Instead
>of throwing out blanket statements (which could be slanderous)

The diet Charlie espoused was inadequate.  It promoted nice coats but was
unbalanced and led to very light bone structure and inadequate muscle
cover.

Charlie was clueless about genetics - the fact she believed in a "x-factor"
that is the combination of all colors is key to understanding.

Two Pole advertised 40 odd colors most of which were just sable point with
slight variations that do not breed true.  Her colors seemed aimed at
increasing the price of her ferrets for their "rare" color that wasn't
really a color.

Two Pole distributed a video showing her disembodied hands reaching in from
off screen handling ferrets of each color successively.  It might be our
imagination but as the video progressed each time her hands reached in they
were more and more scratched possibly from unsocialized ferrets unhappy
with the way the video was made.

Our daughter Courtney examined several of her ferrets at a show in
Michigan.  In a few brief moments she observed ferrets with skeletal,
muscular and even eye problems that had an asking price of hundreds of
dollars.  We examined the same animals and noted the accuracy of
Courtney's observations.

>It is hard to take anyone's advice about a breeder when they do not state
>what they have witnessed or what it is about this breeder that is so bad.

Want more?  These are direct observations not third hand reports of claimed
USDA reports as is the case with Marshall.  No comments about the actual
care at her ranch are being made by us as we did not visit her ranch.

>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Two Pole Pumpkin/Kit & Kaboodle Ferretry
 [quoting us]
>>There were quite a few problems with the ones we saw.

>I have heard stories, as well.  Nothing that was confirmable, though.

We speak from direct observances only.

>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: K&C, adrenal growths
>Perhaps they will even have the Killians or others help them learn how
>to best breed in ways which take into account health, longevity, and
>personality.

If we are asked we will e happy to answer questions or more if desired.

We are concerned about the size of the endeavor but have no reason to
suspect Kit and Caboodle is destined to be a problem.  We truly do hope
it works out for them.  We do not want this to turn out like the similar
experiences in Maryland when someone else bought a large number of ferrets
from Two Pole.

bill and diane killian