From:
Mandi Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:19:16 PST
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out.  I just got a new
ferret, and I tried to follow the advice on the ferret facts page, and I'm
not quite shure how well it worked...

My first ferret is Sammy, she was born last february, so she really isn't
that old.  She has always gotten along with the other pets, and she always
tries to play with them(the dogs play back sometimes, not so much the cat
though).  I'm at school all day so I got her the new fuzzie to keep her
company.  I brought her home, and we held the two and they sniffed each
other.  Then Sammy followed the baby around and sniffed her, the played in a
tube for a little while kinda chasing each other around, then Emily(the new
baby) fell asleep so I put her in our pet carrier with a blanket, food, and
water for the night.  Now today when she woke up I set the ferrets put, I
blocked off the stairs to keep Emily in the one room, but put a chair up so
Sammy could go upstairs too(thats what she is used to, I diddn't want to
upset her)

And Emily fell asleep in Sammys room, and Sam kept trying to wake her up,and
so I'm like neat, she likes her!!  But then Em used the litter box(I'm so
proud=)and nexttime Sam needed to she went out side the cage and I'm like
uh, oh.But I put Sam in the litter box and I think shes okay.  And they were
playing a bit, but Samms started the kindof hissing thing.Like a "keeeeeee"
kind of noice at Emily.  I don't know if shes trying to be mean or what, she
does it when I pick her up when the babys around to.  She diddn't even try
at all to hurt her, she foollows her around, I don't understand the noise.I
took Sam and Em upstairs in the kitchen when I was making lunch, so I made a
makeshift wall(two chairs sideways with a sheet over them to block the way.
I knew sam would get out, but diddn't think Em would, but Sam came in
hissing, grabbed a toy by em, and backed out like she wanted her to follow,
and she did that agien when Em was "chillin" on the couch.  So is she trying
to teach her??  Please give me advice!!!!!!!  Thank You!!  Sorry this is so
long!  Mandi, Sammy, and the new Emily Jordan=) P.S- I don't think Sam
should be jealous, she gotten a lot of attention too.Mabye shes just upset
she isn't the baby anymore...Go to
www.geocities.com/southbeach/boardwalk/5313
to see a picture of Sam and the gang.  It's in their somewhere.  Except for
Em, shes not up their yet.Bye@!!!  Please don't mind the halloween
decorations, I haven't had time to change them!!!!