From:
Kelly Skoty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 23:05:31 EST
Hi,

My name is Kelly.  I live in the Chicago area with my four furkids.  I've
been lurking on the FML for a little over 2 months (I think!).  I learned
about it a while ago, but didn't subscribe due to a lack of a computer.  I
recently got a computer so...here I am!

My first ferret is named Stinky.  I didn't name him that.  He came into my
life about 3 1/2 years ago when my younger sister walked into the house
with him.  She got him from a "friend" who kicked him and kept him in a
tiny metal cage (uncleaned) with no bedding.  Canned cat food (still in the
can & dried up) for food.  I had previously touched a total of one ferret.
Long story short--I learned a lot, took over his care and took him with me
when I moved out.  Stinky is about 5 years old.  We really aren't sure of
his age...the vet told us he was about 1 1/2 years when we got him.  He's a
dark sable that has started to roan.  He is a sweet old man...quickly
becoming a lap ferret.

Skeeter is my second ferret.  Well, everyone calls him Geek.  It just
stuck.  I got him as a friend for Stinky about six months later at the
tender age of 7 weeks from the pet store I worked at then.  He's an albino.
My trouble child...gets into the fireplace, digs at the carpet, surgury to
remove intestional blockage...what else?

Scooby is my third ferret.  He came to live with us less than a month ago.
He's about 7 months.  A big guy...bigger than the other two boys.  He's a
silvery-mitt-blaze-wanna-be.  He only has a white spot between his ears
instead of the traditional blaze stripe.  He's our hyper boy.  We got him
from a pet store...a lonely fert.  He had moved from store to store...
probably because he is so hyper and probably bit.  He may have been in a
home or two also...noone could tell me much.

Pearl is our fourth (and latest) ferret.  We've had her all of 4 days.
She's a marked white (used to be a DEW) and about 1 1/2 years old.  She
came from a friend of a friend who is looking for homes for his ferrets so
he can get a dog.  (I tried to talk him out of it...)  Anyone near Chicago
that want's to give a home to two ferts e-mail me.  He IS going to keep
them until a good home is found, which is why I didn't take all three.  So
they won't end up in a shelter or worse.  Pearl hasn't been with us for
long so I can't say anything solid about her personality, except she likes
to chew the cage (the bars and the floors!) if she doesn't come out when
SHE says so!

SOrry this is so long...and thanks for reading!

Kelly Skoty
Stinky, Geek, Scooby, and Pearl