From:
Kelly Jo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:31:21 EDT
Sandee, please help my little Clover girl.....It is so unfair....This
beautiful, wonderful girl of only three came to us only several months
ago from the Dookers and she worked oh, so hard at adjusting.  She was so
sad and withdrawn.

Gradually tho, she started coming out of her shell and I grew to love her
so.  So was so tiny and dainty and the only girl in the house.  The boys
soon learned to be so protective over her, she never had to sleep alone
and when she decided to play, she always had a boy at her side.
Sometimes they would be too rough and when that happened, she really
could show them who was the boss.  Her personality was so clever and so
ammuseing....One morning a weasel or two schemed to get the treats off of
the counter while their momma and daddy slept nearby.  When they achieved
this goal, Clover watching to make sure that they did it ok, with out
waking momma and daddy, they all gathered around and had their fill.
(good thing that they were not yogies) But, the first thing that Clover
did with hers, was to take one in her mouth and bring it over to daddy,
where he was sleeping with his mouth open on the floor of the living
room.  Instead of scarfing hers greedily, like her brothers, she gently
placed it into her dad's mouth and sat down to watch, trying not to laugh
out loud.  A minute later daddy tasted something not so pleasant, momma
was waking up at the same time.  He opened his eyes to see Clover staring
at him and then sat up and looked at momma, all the while with the treat
still in his mouth.  While looking at momma, it made it's way out of his
lips and he shook his head, momma was laughing so hard, and Clovergirl
was sitting there with the biggest smile ever on a weasel face.  She
must have thought this to be incredibly amuseing because the very next
morning, momma was awake this time, her and her brother Reuben were
teaming up to put an almost empty soda can across the floor to guess
where???  That is right, daddy's mouth.  Momma watching to see what was
gonna happen and trying not to laugh, she did not stop it all.  They
finally got it over to his face and knocked it over and pushed the
opening up to his lips, where the little bit that was left in the bottom
of the can spilled out into daddy's mouth.  (he really should not sleep
with his mouth open!) He once again woke up to a strange taste in his
mouth, and opened his eyes and once again saw Clover smiling at him.

And who was ever to think that ferrets are not smart!!!!!

But this horrid day, where just this morning I asked daddy if he had seen
Clover lately, he said last night, and it really was not very unusual
that a day would go by with out seeing her, she slept an awful lot.  I
was sitting on the couch watching the television, drifting in and out of
sleep, when daddy stomps loudly into the room, with Clover in his hands,
dead.  He found her in the closet like that.  I do not know why.

Sandee, please tell my darling little girl that I am so sorry, I should
have been there.  I hope it didn't hurt and that momma and daddy are very
sad, too much so to express.  Charlie can't find her and did not believe
us when we showed her to him.  oh, I am so so sorry.  Sometimes I feel
like the world's worst mom.  Mabey I could have prevented what ever
happened.  The closet door should not have been open.  I should have
went looking for her.  sigh....im so so sorry