Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:17:14 +0100
>As a manufacture of a number of products including Ferrets Choice we do
>our best to help all manner of different groups and charities related to
>the Pet Industry.

That is nice to hear.

>I will state here and know that the assertion that Ferrets Choice is a
>complete cat food is wrong.

I did not say or suggest that.

>Also the assertion that our food is some way linked to a Mink food is
>ludicrous.

It is just something I have read in the past, most ferret foods are derived
from cat foods but most of those with a high fish content are derived from
mink food as mink require a diet high in fish.  So far I have read that
only Totally Ferret has been manufactured for ferrets from scratch and that
no cat food formed the basis for it and was just slightly changed for the
ferret s needs.  So I simply mentioned what I have heard and am glad to
hear that Ferrets Choice is not linked to a mink food.

But please tell us a bit more about what balanced means.  What I would be
very interested in is the ratio of the food.  How many percent fish, corn,
chicken etc.  is in the food?  If you do not wish to publish this
information on the FML then you can e-mail me directly.  Also I would like
to know what percentage of the protein actually comes from the chicken and
fish and how much from other sources?

>Our food has over 350Kg per tonne of chicken meat, not bones or offal but
>real chicken meat and the fish smell you talk about is actually the Tallow
>you can smell.

That is an impressive amount of chicken, I would now like to know how much
fish there is in a tonne of Ferrets Choice and how much of other animal
derivatives.

>When the food goes through the extrusion process all odurs are eliminated
>and it is then that that chicken tallow is applied to enhance the flavour.

That is interesting, I am glad I wrote in because you have told me a lot of
things that I did not know.  But what exactly is tallow?

>Finally could you please state for everybody on the FML what facts you
>have to backup what you are talking about or are you working for another
>pet food company because it sure sounds like it to me.

I did not want to start any fights, everybody who has been reading Bob
Church s posts will know what I am talking about.  I just wanted to hear
your side of the story.  That is simply it and I must say that I have a
more positive attitude towards your food now.  There are a lot of rumours
going around about your food and I just mentioned them in my last mail to
see how you react.  I was not trying to be malicious.

But now it is time for you to get your facts right. ;-)  I am not working
for any other pet food company, I am simply a ferret owner who cares about
his ferrets a lot and wants to feed them the best possible food and to do
that I try and find out information about a food before I feed it.  In case
you are interested, I run a small family business in North Wales.  And no,
nothing to do with animal feeds.

Regards,
Rob