Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:04:04 -0400
Right now my email server is down, but I can access only some email by
going thru a different server array so hope this will make it thru.

In the beginning Peekaboo was very shy and never came out of the cage.
I think previous owners, prior the SPCA had her in a cage 24X7 also so
that is all she ever knew. She had adapted to that. She also must have
been in solitary where she simply did not bond to Pester even though
they ware in the same SPCA cage for a very long time, so long the SPCA
were going to put them both down for lack of placement, until Robin at
a shelter in DC helped in the many hand offs in transportation to get
them to where I could pick them up.

They have been here just over a year now. Pester is about the same,
full of spice and vinegar but Peekaboo has changed some. I now see her
curling up in a hammy with Pester, that is something new. Last week I
saw them playing and Peekaboo was dancing on her claw tips in some kind
of ferret game fest. That was something very new. So time has cured
some wounds for these little guys. It took a good percent of their
life span to happen but at least it is happening. Good!

Pester was extremely choosy on what she would eat. She now is taking at
least more than just a taste of new kibble, good. She is healthy and
getting fat/er. I feel good so many people went to bat to help these
guys get to a forever home and again thank them all for their very
kind efforts.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester