From:
Jennifer McClanahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 02:45:23 EDT
Hi all... well, all of my little four-legged children are named after a
theme... A Grateful Dead Theme at that even LOL.  It all started back in
1994 with our first ferret.....

China Doll, then came along Sugar Magolia, and then Matilda Euphoria.
(All 3 are at the Bridge now, but, the theme is still going strong...)

If they are not named after a Grateful Dead song, then they are named
after people that were involved with the Dead, or friends of the Dead...
So, here goes......

1.)Rueben Snow Magnolia...(Named after the song Rueben and Cherise, and
   also named after Sugar Mag.)

2.)Jerry Nibbles...(Named after Jerry Garcia of course)

3.)Delilah Daydreams...(Named after the song Sampson and Delilah, and
   Sunshine Daydreams)

4.)Cherise Marie...(Named after the song Rueben and Cherise)

5.)Sampson Hunter...(Named after the song Sampson and Delilah, and Robert
   Hunter (lyricists for the Grateful Dead)

6.)DarkStar Garcia...(named after the song DarkStar, and after Jerry
  Garcia)

7.)Miracle Bones...(Named after the song I need a Miracle (everyday),
   and because of the shape he was in when we rescued him.)

8.)Casey Jones..(named after the song Casey Jones)

9.)RubyClaire...(named from another character in the song Rueben and
   Cherise) and

10.)DireWolf (a.k.a. Little Wolfie...named after the song DireWolf.)

The theme doesnt stop on just the ferrets though...

We also have (cats) Cassidy Garcia, Cosmic Charlie, Pearl Pussy, Pigpen
Lestat, and Homer (o.k., Homer's not named from the theme.) and our
Doggie, Miss Bobby McGee...Pearl is named after Janis Joplins identity
Pearl, and Pigpen after one of the keyboardists from the Grateful
Dead...the rest are songs (cats) except Homer...

To read about the songs, or to see the lyrics that they were named after,
check out my Critters page, all babies have the lyrics to the songs on
there own page, as well as pictures, and a story telling about each one,
and how they came to be with us...

Jennifer
http://www.geocities.com/beadeddrum/CuddleyCritters.html