From:
Joe Chevere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 23:35:47 -0700
I have written before about my fuzzbutts spazzing out just before an
earthquake.  Well, if you been following the news, Western Washington has
been shaking for the last few days.

Over the last two years, there has been several seismic events (quakes).
Each time, Timon and Hobbes have shown consistent, unusual behavior.
Specifically, loud, exaggerated dooking, war dancing and wrestling; loud,
unprovoked crying.  Timon and Hobbes tails are bottle-brushed.  Each time
just before the quakes hit.  Today, at about 10:30 p.m., we had another
aftershock (3+).  Again, the unusual, yet consistent, behavior.

In the past, I asked for inputs from other ferret owners concerning unusual
behavior events such as quakes.  It appears that my fuzzies are not the only
ones that show this unusual behavior.

If your ferrets show strange behavior before a quake or other event, drop me
a note.  I will post these on my home page in the near future.

Joe

Timon:  "I feel the earth, move, beneath my feet..."
Hobbes: "Come on, baby, there's a whole lotta shakin' goin' on..."
Phred:  "Zzzzzzz"