From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2014 09:23:55 -0400
Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I posted, and during this time, while my life
was a little unstable, I had a "love affair" with fleas. They were
everywhere, in the yard, the barn, the house. EVERYWHERE BUT THE
FERRETS CAGES. And on the outside of my house, there were none in the
chicken coup. I was watching my chickens as they walked along. They
would all of a sudden, jump up and grab the air and then walk along
smacking their beaks. The big rooster was so good. He walks along,
looks up, cock his head, then "streach up and smack". I did not see
anything, but he evidently did. Now what??? I was doing something with
the ferrets I was NOT doing with the cats, all 15 of them, and the
dogs.

It was dinner time, and I was fixing the dog and cat dishes while the
water heated on the stove for the ferrets shelter soup. Every ferret
gets two bowls a day, small one in the morning, regular size in the
afternoon. No fleas on any of the ferrets. Wait a minute - must be the
soup. The soup has brewers yeast flakes in it and it makes the blood
taste bitter so I am told.

Something worked because one of the ferrets is white and the fleas
would show up right away. So now everyone gets their soup, and the cats
and dogs now get some brewers yeast flakes, from the health store, in
their meals once a day. So far this year, no fleas.

Just thought I'd pass this along, it is not a poison and the gang seems
to be doing quite well, but the rooster is getting skinny and the grain
bill is going up.

Marilyn