From:
Thomas Daugherty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 23:41:45 -0600
My little felon, Sammy....a 1.5 year old male sable...LOVES to steal a
rather large heavy object.....

I keep a fire extinguisher next to the couch...which is near the kitchen...
(strange apartment)...anyway...that little pull pin, which I've tried and
tried to get out ( hopefully there's never a fire) :) Sammy will grab onto
that and drag the 8+ pound thing across the room to the other couch...where
he hides everything...It's amazing what you find in there...

I have a question about ferret proofing....the couch where he hides...it is
a sofa-bed thing...and I'm afraid he'll get caught in there and get hurt...
I have tried stuffing towels, sheets, etc under there...tight enough so
it's hard for ME to get them out...yet he still manages to pull them out
and hide...My latest creation was to cut a cardboard box into strips and
NAIL them to the wood beams surrounding the couch...they're pretty
strong....yet he STILL gets in there...Is there ANYTHING I can do to keep
him from going under there...

I've even tried bribing him with treats...and he still insists on heading
for the couch....HELP!!

Thanks...

Tom