From:
diana ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:05:01 -0800
Las night as I came home from my 2nd job, I began to ket all the ferts out
to play.  I noticed that Lucky seemed to be trying to go potty with no
apparent luck.  It was clear tha he was trying to urinate but nothing would
come out.  I called my vet at 8pm and he showed up at 9.  His bladder was
very tight and he squirmed uncomfortably when it was palpated.  Dr. Loibl
was evle to extract about 20 cc of urine and once it settled it was loaded
with sediment of some kind.  Then he developed a hematoma from the needle
and the constant rtying to pee.  So it was off to the after hours emergency
clinic where Dr. Roger could give him a sedative and drain his bladder over
night.  He rested comfortably for most of the night but needed another
sedative about 4:30 am.  Lucky also suffers from adrenal disease and is
pretty bald.  A face only a mother can love.  He will go to Aurora Animal
Clinic this morning adn we will go from there.  He is a very old gentleman
who at 1 time had the most gloriously beautiful coat and still has the
sweetest dispotion.  Prayers would be greatly appreciated.  I wonder if the
IRS would understand if my tax payment is late because of vet medical
bills.  Here I thought I was going to be ok this month and maybe aven get
everyone caught up on their shots.  Oh well.

We are not really sure what was causing the blockage, hopefully will know
in a few hours.

Diana and The Ferret Farm