Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 08:16:22 -0500
Hello,
I sent this email to my friend Holly and I thought it would be a funny
story to pass on to all of you

Have you ever had something missing that you had no idea was missing?  Let
me explain it is quite funny actually.

About a week ago we had bought a new toy (a ferret ball) for our ferrets.
Tyler loved it so much that he carried it right into his hidey-hole.
Which wasn t an approved hidey-hole!  So, to be fair, until I could go
get a second one, I had to get the ball out of its hiding spot.  Which
just happens to be under the dishwasher, which is why it s not an approved
hidey-hole!  (There is a small hole next to the dishwasher and it gives
them access to under it!) So, I could not reach the ball or even get one of
the ferrets to get it for me ( I could dream!  LOL).  Retrieving the ball
became a BIG project!  After, of course, locking the ferrets up!  We had to
unscrew the dishwasher from the counter and pull it out.  Which it wouldn t
pull out much so I had about an inch worth of space to put a flashlight
and a broom stick in to!  While I was trying to inch the ball within arms
reach I discovered something that was missing that I didn t even know was
missing!  One of our O-Cello pads (individually wrapped sponges) was also
back there.  I guess they dragged it in when they were helping me put away
groceries!  LOL!  But when I dragged the ball and the sponge out of the
hidey-hole I never laughed so hard in my life!  NOW I understand why they
are called thieves!

I have since bought one more ball and plan on getting more as I get more
fuzzies.  On another added note, I am still trying to outsmart (HA!!) the
fuzzies and figure out how to keep the hidey-hole door covered.  So far
the only thing that does work is one of us sitting in front of it when
they are out!

So??  Have you ever discovered something that was missing that you had no
idea was missing in the first place?

Linda & Jeff
Plus Tyler & Tangles (Ferrets by day, thieves by night!)