From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:30:20 -0600
Over the last few months, several people from different lists suggested
that I try slippery elm bark for Indy's apparent nausea associated with
his insulinoma. Yet, in spite of several requests, no one -- unless I
have missed it -- has responded with an answer concerning dosage. I've
gotten a few responses of "don't try slippery elm, try x instead".
Well, while I appreciate the suggestions, I purchased this stuff,
finally got it in my possession -- and now no one is responding to
my queries about slippery elm specifically. I might try "X" if this
doesn't work, but for now, I want to try this.

I found one older post indicating that you mix 1/4 tsp powder with 0.15
ml warm water, let sit 15 mins, shake, then give 0.2 ml to him. I tried
this but it didn't seem to help. I NEED TO KNOW IF I GAVE HIM THE
CORRECT DOSE, how often to give it to him, and if this should work
immediately, or is it cumulative? I've tried looking via google to no
avail at this point. I don't recall who all the homeopathic experts
are on my various lists, or I'd email them directly.

PLEASE help me with this. I'm well aware that the insulinoma is
probably causing the nausea. I'm also aware that he might have an ulcer
or ulcers, but he has no other symptoms. He's had this nausea problem
for months, but his carafate/pepcid combination 3x/day doesn't do it
for him (0.30 ml carafate & 0.50 ml pepcid). He eats fine -- both soup
and kibble. His poops are fine, aside from occasional diarrhea. Since
adopting Siri last weekend, he's been more active overall, more
playful, and I just purchased some carpet runners for him to use since
he can't use his hind legs very well anymore since his accident in May.

Thank you!

~Eri, Indy, Siri, and Pixie

--
/\_/\