From:
"Michael Dutton, DVM, DABVP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 1996 13:01:06 -0400
**The advice dispensed by myself in reference to FML postings is not meant
to supplant the advice of veterinarians who are in charge of the patient.
If the patient is not currently under the care of a veterinarian, the client
is recommended to take their ferret to one.**

>From:    dodie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: "Incontinence in 9 week old , update on my ECE problem

For a youngster like this I would think some type of anatomical problem or
an urinary tract infection.  See what your vet can find on an urine sample.

>From:    ruben <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Vaccination?
>from the FML but now it's time for vaccinations for our two little furries

Although this is a controversial topic, most of the postings recommend
vaccinating your ferret for both Rabies (for some legal protection) and
Canine Distemper (for a 100% fatal disease). The controversy is usually
targeted for the type of vaccine.

>From:    Ted Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A parliament of.... and a couple of questions

The tooth can infrequently become infected. Most of the time nothing will
happen.

Mike Dutton, DVM, DABVP
Weare Animal Hospital
Weare, NH.