From:
Tom Kasner - Dean Team Automotive <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:00:59 -0600
I received an email request last night (see below) through my
<http://www.ferretlife.com> website. I know there are some scams
targeting shelters and rescues, but I did confirm with the NJ SPCA
that Agent Azzarello is an SPCA agent, and the email is legit. Now
the question is: Is there anyone out there who can help the SPCA and
these folks?

>This is an inquiry e-mail via  <http://www.ferretlife.com> from:
> Agent Michael Azzarello <[log in to unmask]>
>
>My name is Agent Michael Azzarello from the NJ State SPCA badge number
>212.  Im writing this email looking for some help with a case.  I have
>a case were a disabled couple on fixed income has 9 ferrets that can
>use some veterinary help.  First off 2-4 of the ferrets are starting
>to show signs of alopecia with one of the ferrets pretty severe.  My
>question is, does your organization have any funding that could help
>this couple out.  They live off a limited income and really dont want
>to have to give the pets up for adoption although that just might be
>an option.  They showed strong interest in keeping the best and not
>wanting them to go up for adoption although without proper veterinary
>care, these animals would have no other choice.  Does your
>organization have anyone I can contact in New Jersey that would be
>able to help with this problem.  Please feel free to contact me
>908 812 2713"

Tom Kasner
It's a Ferret Life
www.ferretlife.com