From:
Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 09:17:22 -0400
Hi there - I am also a proud owner of a Safeguard cage.  I also got the
information from Pam Grant.  The vendor was great when I ordered a THREE
level custom cage.  It was about 20 bucks less than a competorss 2-level
cage!  I have had the cage over a year.  I have carpet samples on two
levels.  I got the samples from a second hand goods shop.  I have two
samples each (total of 4) on the two upper levels.

On the lower level where the potty and food are, I put tile squares.  I
figured the 12 inch would not fit in the door, so I got 4 inch squares.  I
just laid them on the wire.  I got a part of a box from a local tile dealer
for a "reasonable price" (FREE).  They clean up with plain ol' h20 (water).

I have a hammock on the top level and a "sleeping bag" or hanging tunnel
(depending on the season) on the second level .  I keep towel on the top
level, but it migrates between levels.

I color coordinte the carpet samples with the "beds" <G>.  This is fun!
Once a week, I vaccume the carpets and wash the "beds".  The fuzzy buts get
a bath about ones every two or three weeks.

I have two 5 year old girls that reside in the cage.  I think the cage
would hold more!  However, my other half says NO to more fuzzys.

By the way, the sleeping bag for winter is also a place for a cat!  I left
the second level door open, and the cat took over the bag.  When I let the
fuzzies back in, they promptly evicted the intruder!  Ever see a cat hit her
head on the top of a cage and try to scramble up a ramp?  it was a riot.
The cat weighs about 10lb, so she did NOT fit up the ramp.  She finally fell
out of the door into the water bowl.  Should have made a movie of that one!
The cat still sleeps on the bag when she gets a chance, but she keeps a
watch out for the residents!

Anyways, peace to all of you.

Argento ( ferret,) awwww, am not tired yet!
Hershey (ferret)  did you call me an hour or so ago??

Ruby (cat) eeeeek they are back!!!
Jett (cat) shaddup!
Genieve (cat) so what??

Nome (dog) whew, they are back in the cage!

Sandy (human) did you put those ankle biters back in the cage?  and wher e
are my socks???????

                                 Nan