From:
Miles and Telaraj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 00:26:43 -0500
Hi all.  It is midnight here and we are devastated to say that our beloved
princess died tonight as we held her and agonized over not being to help her
with her pain.

She apparently had some sort of immunodeficiency disease that caused her
to hemorrhage and lose a lot of blood.  We went ahead with the blood
transfusion, and for a little while she seemed stronger, but in extreme
pain.  She also was having trouble breathing, so we loosened the wrap that
was holding her catheter in place.  Then, as if the last irritation was
finally removed from her, her hard, labored breathing simply stopped and
she was gone.

We tried so hard.... I'm sorry if this is kind of choppy; my mind is in a
turmoil and the thoughts are just jumbling out, so to speak.  We had hope
after the transfusion that she would actually make it because she became
temporarily strong enough to hold her head up at times and eat a little bit.
Such bright eyes... little white princess with battered body and such
beautiful, bright eyes.  She just couldn't hold on any longer- but I thank
God that we were allowed to bring her home and that she didn't pass away
alone at the doctor's.  Her family was with her, loving her and petting her,
and a special "Thank You" goes out to Troy Lynn who was able to share her
last moments with us, and I believe helped us ease her passing by suggesting
comforting things we could do for her.

Also, thank you to all who prayed for our sweet Hannah, we are grateful with
every fiber of our beings.  I believe that is why she was able to hold on
until she came home to say goodbye.  I now pray that she will have an
eternity of joy and sunshine in Heaven playing with all of the other ferrets
across the Rainbow Bridge.

~ Miles, Telaraj, and the five bundles of joy~

        Hannah Webster
          1996 - 1998