Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 17:59:22 EST
Hello to ANON whose vet was hesitant about giving vaccinations:
where do you live? For example, if you are in Massachusetts,
there are vets who legally treat ferrets (I think they have
an exotics license?) I prefer to take my ferrets to someone
who knows a lot about them, as they seem to have specific
needs. If you say what area you live in, perhaps someone can
give you the name of a vet. Good luck.

My additional 2 cents on Maryland:
This is not about one ferret, or namecalling (never an effective
strategy anyway), or about getting revenge on one person. This
is an important issue that effects everyone--what good is it to
live in a state where ferrets are legal, get all your vaccin-
ations, and then know that the health dept. can have the ferret
killed anyway?

I think it's important to let those involved know that this is
not going to be dropped that easily. You can be sure that if it
were a kitten or a puppy, we would still be hearing about it.
I agree that it's important to be civil and present only relevant
information when contacting those involved. I also think it's
very important to keep the pressure on so the public health
people know they cannot seize and kill people's pets without
repercussions.

The gov. of Maryland is: Gov. Parris Glendening, State House,
Annapolis, MD  21401 (410-974-3901). I hope if anything else
is going on relevant to this issue, that someone will post it.
Thanks!

Cinderella, Norm & Ralph's mom in Mass.