From:
Meesh Meesh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 17:28:22 PDT
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any information about chordomas in ferrets.
About a year ago a fine needle aspirate from one of my girl's (tail) came
back from histopath as a chordoma.  Neither the treating vet at my school
or my current vet seemed to know much about chordomas.  I heard at a
conference recently that it is not uncommon for ferrets to get chordomas on
their tail.  Unfortunately I did not get any more information.  If anyone
on the FML has any info and/or references, please email me and/or post on
the FML.  Thanks and lots of dooks to all;

Also, hug each of your babies tightly and give them an extra kiss tonight.
Last week, I lost one of my babies.  It was sudden and I'm still waiting
for the final histopath and necropsy report.  I"ve been too distraught to
write about it and even now find myself in tears.  You just never know when
the time may come... he was a big (fat) DEW cuddler who crawled into my lap
the first day I met him, draped his chin over my wrist, looked up at me and
sighed.  He was a cuddler and slept with me at night.  He didn't know he
was a ferret and he just wanted to be held and near you.  I didn't expect
to write about him just now..but I guess I needed to share since I konw
everyone here understands just how special these lil fuzzies are to some
of us.  I will miss him dearly.

Michaela Maurice
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ohio State University